The Toronto Film Festival is getting underway and there are a couple of films unspooling there that I can keeping my eye on:
- I've Loved You So Long- starring Kristin Scott Thomas- opens in NY on October 24th.
- Burning Plain- starring Charlize Theron and Kim Basinger
- Girl from Monaco- directed by Anne Fontaine
- Nothing but the Truth- the new film from Rod Lurie (creator of Commander in Chief) - loosely based on the Judith Miller reporting scandal and starring Kate Beckinsale
- Hurt Locker- new film from the always interesting Kathryn Bigelow
- Lovely, Still - starring Ellen Burstyn and Martin Landau. A late in life love story.
- Skin- a dark skinned daughter is born to light skinned parents in 1955, South Africa. Written and directed by Anthony Fabian.
- Wendy and Lucy - Michelle Williams directed by Kelly Reichardt. Premiered at Cannes and will be released here later this fall.