July 29, 2008

The Evolution of the "Male" Hollywood Writer

If I was a woman writer in Hollywood I would be up in arms over this story Evolution of a Screenwriter that appeared in last week's Hollywood Reporter. The premise of the story is that people (i.e. - men) who were traditionally known just as screenwriters in the past now have to branch out into new mediums and platforms in order to have successful careers.

The first thing about the story that you can't help but notice is that EVERY SINGLE SCREENWRITER MENTIONED AND INTERVIEWED IS A GUY.

You can't tell me that there is not a single female screenwriter who couldn't be interviewed for this story. That's such bs.

The second thing is that it makes it seem that all anybody is working on is movies about comic books and I find that so pathetically sad.

I am throughly disgusted.

Thanks for the tip, Lee.