December 2, 2008

Kathy Bates is One Busy Actress

I was watching last week's Fringe yesterday and there were a bunch of commercials for the upcoming sci-fi film The Day the Earth Stood Still starring Keanu Reeves and Jennifer Connelly. I noticed that Kathy Bates was in a lot of the scenes looking very official and political. Turns out that she plays the Secretary of Defense in the film. Cool.

It got me to thinking that I have seen Kathy a lot on screen this year. She's in Revolutionary Road out this month, and was one of the leads in Tyler Perry's The Family That Preys and appeared earlier this year in Bonneville. And she already has two films finished for 2009, Cheri with Michelle Pfeiffer and Personal Effects.

Since I devote a lot of time to complaining, I thought it would be great to note that one of our best and most versatile actresses is working a lot.