August 20, 2008

US Magazine is Crack

My subscription to US magazine just ran out and I am not renewing it. I made that decision for a variety of reasons but mostly because I don't want to encourage the paparazzi fueled world we live in where stars are made based on your underwear (or lack of underwear).

But I miss it. Oh boy do I miss it. I know it will get easier after I go through the withdrawal and stop thinking of having it. But this is tough. Tougher than I thought it would be.

Today I caught myself swiping a magazine from my local muffin joint (I will return it) just so I could get a fix. A couple of days ago at the gym I saw an issue lying on the ground and almost pounced on it (glad no one else went for it before me cause they would have been hurt.)

Wanting to read this crap so badly makes me feel like an idiot. Why am I so addicted? And why is it women that are more into it than guys?

Well, I guess I just answered my own question. Crap is the stuff we covet that's bad for us. So US magazine has joined yodels on the growing list of crap I have given up.

One point for me.