Here's some random interesting things I saved over the last couple of weeks:
- In an AOL/moviefone poll more Americans are looking forward to Sex & the City the Movie rather Indiana Jones. Interesting. Moviegoers have "Sex" on the brain: pol (Reuters)
- Rebecca Traister at Salon talks to Amy Poehler about Baby Mama and the legacy of funny film feminists. Feminism is the New Funny (Salon)
- Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day- a little movie, that's doing quite well. Shocker. How a 1938 novel led to a surprise box-office hit: A filmed Cinderella tale of a governess fashioned into a London socialite has taken $12m in the US (The Guardian)
- Juliette Binoche never went Hollywood even after an Oscar (Boston Globe)
- The awesome actress Fiona Shaw is taking a shot a directing...an opera She has a deep understanding of what it takes to release performances from people: what she can do is dazzling (The Guardian)
- Hillary Swank will star in the Mira Nair film of Amelia Earhart. Richard Gere co-stars.
- The 13th Annual Nantucket Film Festival announced that Meg Ryan will be honored with the Compass Rose Acting Tribute Award. Ryan will be on hand to present the second Adrienne Shelly Excellence in Filmmaking Award, which gives a cash prize to a promising female writer/director at the festival.
- Nia Vardalos will co-star for three episodes of the funny sitcom My Boys airing this June
- Gena Rowlands on Her Life and Career (The Telegraph)